With an unusually cooler start to spring, recent welcome rainfall has finally arrived ensuring our garden should be off to a good start for late Spring.
Some important jobs for the October garden.
- Fertilize the lawn with a complete fertilizer, such as Brunnings Green Up or Granulated poultry manure pellets.
- Mulch the garden to help retain current moisture and to help insulate soil from summer temperatures.
- The summer veggie garden can now be planted . Always prepare the soil prior to planting to ensure the best results.
- As the humidity starts to increase, it's now time to look at Roses for black spot and insect damage.
- Prune Azaleas as flowering has now finished, feed and mulch well for summer.
- Our Avocado and Mangoes are available from late October.